February 1st, 2023
• February is African Heritage Month - This year’s African Heritage Month provincial theme, Seas of struggle – African Peoples from Shore to Shore, recognizes the resiliency, strength, and determination of people of African descent from the shores of Africa to the shores of Nova Scotia — with the Atlantic Ocean being the everlasting connection. The theme highlights the role the sea has played in the long-standing history of people of African descent, and African Nova Scotians, specifically, in the development of Canada and Nova Scotia. This year’s theme aligns with the United Nations’ International Decade for People of African Descent (DPAD) 2015-2024. The goal is to strengthen global cooperation in support of people of African descent, increase awareness, and recognize their full and equal participation in society.
Nova Scotia has 52 historic African Nova Scotian communities with a long, deep and complex history dating back over 200 years. African Heritage Month provides us with another opportunity to celebrate our culture, legacy, achievements and contributions of our people – past and present.
• Boys Basketball – Your next game is today at Armbrae Academy at 4 pm.
• Chess Tournament - Hey chess team members. Our weekly Arena Tournament will be tonight at 7:00 pm on Li-chess. If anyone is interested on joining the school's online team for the weekly tournament drop down to room # 107 to see Mr. Drake.
• Yearbook Committee – There will be a meeting tomorrow in the Library at lunch. all members are expected to attend, please bring your computers.
• Ski Trip – The last day to withdraw and receive a refund for the ski trip will be Friday, February 3rd. After that time new spots maybe available for the trip.
• Yearbook Sale – we have now sold half of our pre-ordered yearbooks! If you have not reserved yours, don't wait! You may miss out! Yearbooks can be pre-ordered online at "school Cash" or at the office for $35. They will be delivered in June.