February 2nd, 2023
• February is African Heritage Month – The winner of yesterday’s question is Paytone Horne from 8-7.
Please come to the office to collect your prize.
Today’s Quiz questions is The Black Loyalist that established themselves in Atlantic Canada were involved in which conflict?
a) American Revolutionary War;
b) Seven Years’ War;
c) War of Succession;
d) War of 1812
Submit your answers to the office and you have a chance to win daily and weekly prizes!
• Boys Basketball - The boys went to Armbrae Academy to play a basketball game yesterday, but ended up filming Space Jam 3. Absolutely destroying Armbrae 91-32, the Lions looked more like the space jam Monsters. Cam led the way with 19 points, Olly 15, Chace 12 and Finn 10. The lions are now 10-0 this year and will play their season finale on Tuesday vs Oxford. Playoffs will begin on February 14th.
• Badminton - The intermediate team practice is today at lunch. Please bring your lunch to the gym.
• Daily Announcements - Are you interested in developing your public speaking abilities and taking on a leadership role? Think about being a daily announcer for our school. A meeting for anyone interested will be held in room # 110 on Tuesday, February 6th at lunch.
• Yearbook Committee – There will be a meeting today in the Library at lunch. all members are expected to attend, please bring your computers.
• Ski Trip – The last day to withdraw and receive a refund for the ski trip will be tomorrow. After that time new spots maybe available for the trip.
• Yearbook Sale – we have now sold half of our pre-ordered yearbooks! If you have not reserved yours, don't wait! You may miss out! Yearbooks can be pre-ordered online at "school Cash" or at the office for $35. They will be delivered in June.
• Groundhog Day - Our celebrity groundhog, Shubenacadie Sam, is predicting a long, cold winter ahead. Sam emerged briefly from her enclosure this morning and she saw her shadow. So, keep your winter jackets and mittens on.