November 8th, 2022
• National Aboriginal Veterans Day – Is today. About one third of Indigenous peoples in Canada aged 18 to 45 enlisted during the war to help keep our country safe and to ensure peace and freedom. They were the largest group to fight for Canada even though Canada did not recognize them as Canadians, or even human. Today we honour their bravery and sacrifice.
• Girls “A” Volleyball - Congratulations to the team as they defeated Mer et Monde 3 sets to 2. It was the girls’ best game of the year! Team, your next practice is tomorrow after school from 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
• Girls “B” Volleyball - Team practises this week are at lunch hour today and Thursday. Everyone needs to be there as we are starting exhibition games next week.
• Poster contest – Thank you to all those who submitted an entry to the Remembrance Day poster contest. The winner will be announced at the end of the day Thursday. We have about 30 entries and some amazing art work! Very proud of Fairview students who are so courageous and talented to enter. You will see the artwork during the assembly on Thursday.
• Remembrance Day Ceremony –
- String Students - There will be an important meeting today at 11:15 in Ms. Chisholm’s room # 110. Every student in Mr. Joyce's strings class must attend
- All readers for Remembrance Day - our next practice is tomorrow at lunch. Please make arrangements to be there for 11:15 to the end of lunch.
• Book Buddies - If you’re interested to be a Book Buddy, please sign-up in the office. Deadline – Thursday, November 10.