October 20th, 2022
• October is Mi'kmaq History Month - Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) was established to contribute to truth, healing and reconciliation. The TRC’s mandate was to inform all Canadians about what happened in residential schools. The TRC documented the truth of Survivors, their families, communities and anyone personally affected by the residential school experience.
• Girls Soccer – Our team finished their season last night in a gruelling muddy and wet match. All the girls worked hard over the course of the game with multiple shots on the net. Excellent effort, girls, you should be proud of your unwavering spirit.
All girls are invited to room # 112 to have a team lunch and treat on Monday, October 24, to celebrate placing third overall and a great season.
• Yearbook – There will be a meeting today during the lunch time in the Library.
• Best Buddies – There is a meeting today during lunch time in the LC (room # 160).
• Boys Soccer –There will be an important meeting for the players today at the start of lunch in the gym. All players must attend. There is a semi-final game today against St. Anges at 4pm at the Glenbourne Soccer Field.
• Remembrance Day - If you are an artist, consider entering the Remembrance Day poster contest. All art work will be displayed during the Remembrance Day ceremony and top winners will receive a prize and be showcased in the yearbook. Deadline is November 7th. If there are any cadets, scouts, girl guides, etc. in the school, please see Ms. Chisholm in room 110 when you have time this week to talk about Remembrance Day. We would like to have a strong presence in uniform for our assembly.
• Nourish Your Roots - It’s your last chance to submit orders for fresh local products. Deadline is tomorrow. Forms are available in the office.