May 5th, 2023
• Kinball – A big congratulations to all the students who participated in the Kinball tournament in Sackville last night. Ms. KV and Mr. Day were extremely proud with how well each and every one of you represented Fairview. We saw excellent strategy, communication and above everything else collaboration and sportsmanship! An extra big shout out to John, Camilla, Maria, Jonis and Malcolm for placing second overall!
• Track and Field– There will be a meeting for all the athletes today in the Gym during lunch time.
Monday practice - Long Jump & Triple Jump during lunch; all running events – after school.
• Chips Sale – Reminder that Learning Centre is selling chips today during lunch time in the front lobby. Bring your loonie, get a bag of chips.
• Chess Tournaments – Attention chess players, the Fairview Chess Championships will begin Monday. If you are interested in participating, see Mr. Drake to sign up. It will be a round robin/playoff format and there will be two divisions based on skill level.
• Spirit Week – We’ll continue our Spirit Week next week: on Monday, May 8th we will be having a Meme Day. You have the whole weekend to get your Meme ready. Student Council will be doing voting for the best meme during lunch time.
• Lemonade Stand – Next Wednesday, grade 9s will be selling lemonade during lunch time and after school in the front lobby to raise money for Ronald Macdonald House. The cost is $ 1.00.
• Red Dress Day – Today is the National Day of Awareness and Action for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls and Gender diverse people. “Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW)" is a movement that advocates for the end of violence against Indigenous women. It also seeks to draw attention to the high rates of disappearances and murders of Indigenous people, particularly women and girls. On this day we aim to raise awareness about this ongoing crisis and take action. Today we remember the people who have lost their lives to colonial, gender-based violence, and their families and communities that live daily with the grief of losing loved ones.